domingo, 30 de diciembre de 2012

A world of comments and critics


Not every once in a while we get the chance to open our eyes. Lets face it, we all make mistakes. We all judged someone. We are not perfect, but we can change.
Human dignity is something that, in my opinion, is nowadays lost. Racism, prejudices, judgments, and much more are taking over our lives. Why do we allow this to happen? Do we feel insecure of ourselves that we have to criticize others?
Bullies. That was a famous word during my years in primary. I used to come back from school crying because people were mean to me. They enjoyed making people suffer, and the worst part…children didn’t stand up for themselves. They are afraid.
It is a world of comments and critics. Everything is about doing what is well seen, about pleasing people. Why? Today we only want to fit in everywhere. We don’t want to feel the shame of sitting on our own in the bus, to work without partner; while everybody has one…We need acceptance, and it seems that we are capable of changing our personality just for a bit of it.
Tolerance:  The capacity for or the practice of recognizing and respecting the beliefs or practices of others.
That is a definition everybody should know. We should all be tolerant. We don’t have to like everybody, just tolerate them.
I am different, and people laughed at me because of that, but how to overcome them is not trying to make them good people.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same."

By: Lucia Miri Echavarria

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario