martes, 1 de enero de 2013

How everything became nothing


We`ve all got those moments. Those moments that will be with you forever in your mind and that if you want to you can play them over and over again as if they were in a dvd and your mind projected them just as if you were actually living them all over again.

Memories can be either positive or negative. Positive memories are those that make you smile at the ceiling stupidly, the ones you daydream of or sometimes even dream of. Negative memories are the ones that give us nightmares or bully us from the inside of our heads, tormenting our mind and messing with our thoughts.

Sometimes I think about something so much that I start forgetting the actual thing, just like when I try to remember my dreams... Ironic,  right?. How is it possible that over thinking about an event makes us forget parts of it? What meant everything to you at that time, the only thing you were thinking about starts becoming nothing… Our mind is an entire unknown world that doesn’t have a map, it is unpredictable.

When I was younger I used to complain very much because to me “I didn’t dream”.  We were once at a friend`s house for a sleepover and when we woke up everybody would tell what they had dreamt about, but I simply couldn’t recall anything of it. I would, maybe, get flashbacks of it…but they were too blurry for me to get a clear picture of it. Now I complain about forgetting what happens…

Everything can become nothing. In fact, it is an interesting paradox.  What means everything to you can vanish in days, hours, minutes, seconds…and we can keep on counting. Your job, a very important person who might be a relative or a friend, freedom, choice, power of will, and again…we can keep on counting.

What if I told you that nothing can become everything? Can it work that way too? When my mind is blank, out of memories to recall either negative or positive, I have my mind and me. There is nobody else than us and a blank page. Big things can turn into little things, but the minutest thing can end up being the biggest.

By: Lucia Miri Echavarria

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario